Hot Elvis Toasties
What you need
2 Tsp butter
2 Slices white bread
1 Tbsp golden caster sugar
½ Tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 Ripe banana, thinly sliced
2 Tsp clear honey
A little icing sugar
Vanilla ice cream, to serve
How to make it
Using 1 tsp soft butter per side, butter only one side of the bread slices.
- Mix sugar with cinnamon, then sprinkle over the buttered slices of bread.
- Put one of the slices, buttered-side down, in a toasted sandwich maker.
- Spread the top of this slice with peanut butter, then layer over the banana.
- Drizzle with honey, and sandwich the second slice of bread on top, buttered-side up.
- Close and cook until the toastie is crisp and golden.
Cut in half, add a slice to each plate, dust with icing sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe & Picture Courtesy www.bbcgoodfood.com