- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioner’s sugar (divided)
- 2 cups (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp shortening
- In a mixing bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until well mixed.
- Fold in coconut, nuts, and 1 cup confectioner’s sugar, mix together well.
- Sprinkle some of the remaining sugar on a cutting board. Turn peanut butter mixture onto board & knead in enough of the remaining sugar until mixture holds its shape. Shape into egg-shaped pieces.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- In a double boiler over hot water, melt chocolate chips and shortening, stirring until smooth. Dip eggs and place on waxed paper to harden.
This will make about 2 dozen eggs.